This weekend was supposed to be The Great Mulching Weekend in Lottie’s Lot. And we did get a lot of mulching done.
Saturday started out with Scott mowing the lawn while I ran errands such as picking up a wheelbarrow from Naomi, getting straw from Joseph in Kingston (and having a hair cut). We started off our mulching by tacking old sheets down with weed mat pins. Then Scott hauled the shredded gum bark mulch from the drive to the veggie patch and it was spread on the top. Once it packs down a little it’s great! And should hopefully keep things weed-free around the raised beds.
Yesterday we were going to concentrate on putting down cardboard, alpaca poo, and straw mulch around raspberries and trees. We got the raspberries, mulberry, cherry, and the citrus area done, however it was a struggle in the winds.
We wound up leaving the chestnut and Mediterranean Zone for another day. But we did get the sleepers for the berry patch! Scott did all the hauling of the sleepers, and I screwed them together with some metal plate thingos. (Yes, I’m all about the technical jargon.)
At least we’re beginning to see some life in the raised colorbond beds!